My husband and I have been on vacation for 9 days, today. It has been so awesome to take some time off to spend together and explore new places. We haven’t taken a vacation this long in 4 years. Vacations are awesome, but it’s hard for me to get away from my routine. I like routine and it’s hard for me to be adventurous.
When I realized that we would be on vacation for so long, my first thought was: “Does that mean I won’t be able to workout?” Um…Duh! It’s Vacation.
Everyone needs to get away every once in a while. A time to recharge and spend some time with the ones you love most. It’s hard to get away for some people without worrying about all the things you’re leaving behind. Work, Pets, Working out, Your house. Sometimes, it’s necessary.
I realized that I needed this time to relax. I can sit here and pretend that I worked out every single day and ate super healthy, but I didn’t. However, I did make some good choices when it came to staying active:
- We decided to hike all the way to the Hollywood sign to take some awesome pictures
- We hiked the Redwood National Forest
- We hiked to the top of a waterfall in Oregon
- Every chance we got we walked instead of driving the car around everywhere. We got to see lots of cool stuff this way.
- Although we did eat ice cream, donuts, and pastries (occasionally), we tried eating at healthier places for one meal out of the day. We picked some local restaurants that had local/organic produce. They were amazing.
Tomorrow is our final day of vacation. I took one day at a time and enjoyed every experience. We went from San Diego to Seattle in ten days. We stopped in:
- San Diego
- Santa Monica
- San Francisco
- Red Wood National Forest
We saw beaches, forests, vineyards, and mountains. All the views have been breath taking.
I promised myself that I would just relax and enjoy every minute. I can truly say that I am guilt free. I didn’t workout every day for an hour or eat Paleo. Now, I’m ready to go back to San Antonio and enjoy the rest of my summer (in the gym)! San Antonio, here I come.